Are you looking for the best landing page software to build conversion focused marketing pages? Or are you looking for a builder that can power your entire sales funnel?
In this post, I’ll be reviewing the best landing page software builders on the market. I’ve included recommendations for different use cases and the strengths of each builder below.
Let’s get started and take a look at these landing page tools:
The best landing page software tools compared
- Instapage – Best overall landing page software. Ideal for in-house teams and agencies.
- Landingi – Best balance of price and functionality.
- GetResponse – Best landing page tool for those wanting an all-in-one tool for email marketing and sales funnels.
- Unbounce – Great landing page software but pricing is based on conversions.
- Leadpages – Another powerful landing page builder. Includes a website builder and unlimited traffic. Ideal for solopreneurs and small businesses.
- OptimizePress (WordPress only) – Powerful landing page builder. Includes sales funnel builder and checkout builder.
- Thrive Optimize (WordPress only) – Best WordPress landing page builder for advanced customization.
#1 – Instapage
Instapage is the best landing page software solution on the market.
Ideal for in-house teams, agencies and enterprise businesses, Instapage comes loaded with a feature-set like no other tool on this list.
At the core of Instapage is one of the best visual editors of any landing page builder on the market. It’s intuitive and simple to use without feeling limited.
There are a large selection of templates for various purposes: product launches, booking pages, waitlists, webinar registrations, enrollment applications, ecourse registrations, demo requests, app downloads, trial signups, appointment scheduling, and more.
And, you can use their block templates (known as Instablocks) to customize pages faster. These are section templates. For example, you might not like a section within one template, but you could swap it out for a CTA or Hero template within a few seconds.
You can easily integrate third-party services such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Google Tag Manager, and your email provider from within the page builder.
Comment mode allows you to collaborate with your team easier than ever before. Comments are assigned to a specific section of the page so there’s no need for endless email exchanges & screenshot creation.
There are a number of features available to help you maximize conversions. This includes A/B testing and heatmap tracking. Heatmap tracking is particularly useful because it negates the need for a third-party solution such as Hotjar.
Instapage also allows you to dynamically tailor landing page copy to match your ad copy.
- Hosted landing pages with a powerful drag & drop editor.
- Run A/B tests to optimize your landing pages without any delay in page load times.
- Heatmap tracking allows you to further optimize landing pages beyond A/B testing.
- Build AMP-ready landing pages for improved load times on mobile devices.
- Upload third-party templates purchased from ThemeForest.
- Add comments to landing pages for easy collaboration with team members and/or clients.
- Built-in conversion analytics for your pages.
- Dynamically text replacement allows you to adjust your copy to match your ads.
- Wide range of integrations with third-party platforms. Including Salesforce, Marketo, HubSpot, and more.
The Business plan is available from $199/month, or $149/month when billed annually.
While unlimited conversions are included, traffic is limited to 30K unique visitors per month, 30 published landing pages, 5 team members and 5 workspaces.
Instapage offers custom plans for those who need more flexibility or higher plan limits. And a 14-day free trial is available.
#2 – Landingi
Landingi is another landing page builder with powerful drag & drop functionality.
While it’s not as feature packed as Instapage, it is a lot more affordable and still offers important CRO based features such as dynamic text replacement and A/B testing.
Landingi offers a flexible approach to landing page creation. Publish landing pages on your own domain, embed them on a page or publish directly to WordPress.
The page editor itself is fully drag & drop and makes for easy customization. Plenty of widgets/elements are available to add to your pages. Autosaving ensures you don’t lose any of your work. And access to free images, icons, and custom fonts further enhances the page building experience.
Landingi offers a significant number of integrations with third party tools. Email integrations with the likes of ActiveCampaign, Mailerlite and more are included.
There are also analytics integrations for Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Facebook, and more. Along with callback & chat integrations with CallPage, FreshChat, and more. There are also CRM/sales integrations and you can further expand this flexibility by integrating with Zapier or direct webhooks.
Analytics, dynamic content and A/B testing are also available.
Higher plans also benefit from an autoresponder and the option to connect landing pages together to build a sales funnel. That said, most users should be fine without an autoresponder – I find this type of feature is best left to a dedicated email service provider.
Sub accounts, audit logs, team roles mean you can get those agency/team features at a substantially lower price point.
- Hosted landing pages with drag & drop visual editor.
- 150+ templates available for landing pages, and 50+ popover templates.
- Matching thank you page for each landing page template.
- Connect your landing pages together to build your entire sales funnel.
- View all of your leads in a single inbox.
- Export your leads or integrate a third party ESP such as GetResponse or ConvertKit.
- Autoresponder available on higher plans.
- Audit logs allow you to understand who published which landing page and who made specific changes. This is particularly useful for monitoring your team and security.
- Platform customization allows for a completely white-label landing page solution for your business.
- Built-in analytics for your landing pages.
Plans start from $47 per month. This gives you unlimited landing pages, conversions, and user accounts. Traffic is limited to 5K visitors and 1 custom domain is allowed.
Increase those limits by purchasing addons or upgrading your plan to the next tier.
A 14-day free trial is available.
#3 – GetResponse
GetResponse is best known as an industry-leading email marketing and automation platform but they now offer an all-in-one solution to your marketing needs. This includes an extremely powerful landing page builder & sales funnel builder.
Unlike most other platforms on this list, GetResponse offers the ability to create a fully fledged sales funnel based on pre-selected templates within a few clicks. It can also handle payment processing and digital product delivery with it’s built-in ecommerce functionality.
There are a lot of all-in-one style marketing platforms that can sort of do landing page creation but it’s usually an afterthought and conversion optimization features such as A/B testing are usually missing.
This is not the case with GetResponse. They offer a robust visual editor that, like other tools on this list, allows you to create landing pages in a drag & drop fashion.
The landing page builder is straightforward to use and comes with a large selection of landing page templates. And A/B testing allows you to optimize your landing pages by proving what works rather than guessing what works.
Publish your pages on your own domain or use a GetResponse subdomain. Ideal for temporary campaign landing pages.
GetResponse’s core email marketing and automation functionality negates the need for third-party providers and gives you a centralised platform to manage your online business. This is especially useful for infopreneurs or anyone who sells digital products.
One of the features I particularly love about GetResponse is their Conversion Funnel feature. This allows you to create an entire sales funnel based on premade templates in moments. This includes exit-intent popovers, sales page, upsell page, thank you page, and more.
You also get access to detailed analytics that covers your entire sales funnel. Since everything is managed from a single tool, you get all the data you need to inform decisions. And you can easily identify weak points in your funnel.
And finally, GetResponse offers it’s own webinar functionality so there’s no need for third-party webinar software. The functionality you can use depends on your plan. Basic functionality is available on lower plans, but higher plans give you access to paid webinars, on-demand webinars and more.
The only gripe I have is that due to GetResponse being an email marketing platform, they do not offer native integrations with other email providers. So if you wanted to use the platform just for landing pages, you would have to rely on their Zapier integration.
- Hosted landing page solution with powerful visual editor.
- Industry leading email marketing and marketing automation platform.
- Large selection of landing page templates.
- Conversion Funnel feature allows for rapid creation of entire sales funnels.
- Add exit-intent popovers to your funnel pages easily.
- Opt-in form builder with 500+ templates and A/B testing included.
- Built-in webinar functionality allows you to drive conversions and engagement.
- Built-in ecommerce functionality allows you to sell and deliver digital products.
- Powerful analytics for emails, landing pages, forms, funnels, and more.
- Integrate with third party platforms and tools such as Zapier, PayPal, Stripe, Amazon Payments, WooCommerce, Shopify, Instagram, Facebook, and more.
Plans start from $15/month which includes 1,000 contacts and a huge amount of functionality for the money. Email marketing, autoresponders, landing pages, funnels, automation templates, and the ability to sell e-products. These are all included in the basic plan.
On higher plans, webinars, additional users, extra funnel types and other features are available.
For enterprise businesses, transactional emails, dedicated IP addresses, email campaign consulting, and additional functionality is available. And savings are available if you choose 12-month or 24-months as your billing period.
A 30-day free trial is available.
#4 – Unbounce
Unbounce was the first landing page software on the market. As such, they have built a robust platform that is used by more than 15,000 brands, including Fifty & Fifty, Zola, and Campaign Monitor.
Unbounce offers an extremely flexible landing page builder. It’s fairly simple to use but advanced users will find that it’s possible to get fairly granular with the visual editor.
Integration with Unsplash gives you access to a huge number of stock photography to add visual appeal to your pages.
One particularly nice feature within the editor is image optimization – you can control how your images are compressed without using any additional tools.
There is a large selection of landing page templates that span different verticals and types of landing pages. For example, you will find templates for different business models such as SaaS, consulting, agencies, coaching, ecommerce, etc.
Pages for different verticals such as food, travel, real estate, etc. A long with different campaign types such as lead generation, sales pages, course pages, webinar pages, and more.
Thanks to a large library of integrations you get significant control over what happens with the information you collect from your landing pages. As you might expect, there are integrations for popular email providers such as AWeber and ActiveCampaign, but there are also integrations for Agile CRM, Autopilot, Automate, Zapier, CallRail, Close.io, Intercom, Kissmetrics and a lot more.
When your landing page is ready, you can publish it to your own domain or directly via their Unbounce WordPress plugin.
A/B tests can be set up easily from within the visual editor, allowing you to tweak page variations fast.
Additional conversion optimization functionality such as 2-step opt-in forms and dynamic text replacement are available as well. And, you can go beyond landing pages and create popovers & sticky bars.
One particularly unique feature is the Unbounce AI-optimization. The idea behind this feature is to send visitors to the page variation that will be the best fit for them, based on your visitors’ attributes. Unbounce claim this can result in a 20% conversion lift.
- Powerful hosted landing page software with drag & drop visual editor.
- 100+ conversion-focused landing page templates.
- Built-in A/B testing to optimize your landing pages.
- AI-powered optimization delivers the right visitor to the right landing page variation.
- Dynamic text replacement allows you to further align landing pages more closely to your visitors needs.
- Real-time analytics to see how your landing pages, popups and sticky bars are converting.
- Integrations with third party tools such as Zapier, ActiveCampaign, Agile CRM, Autopilot, AWeber, Benchmark and more.
Plans start from $80/month which gives you up to 500 conversions, 20,000 visitors and 1 connected domain.
Higher plans increase these limits, add extra user accounts along with conversion focused features such as A/B testing and dynamic text replacement. There are no limits to the number of landing pages, popups or sticky bars you can create.
A 14-day free trial is available.
#5 – Leadpages
Leadpages started off as a landing page builder and has grown into a lead generation platform with a conversion-focused website builder.
You get access to a drag & drop landing page builder and a large library of conversion optimized landing page templates.
A checkout builder is included so you can build your entire sales funnel and take payments with ease. Add checkouts as a widget to an existing page or create a dedicated checkout page with a selection of templates.
In addition, you can create popovers or alert bars for your website. And if you don’t have a website – you can build it using Leadpages at no extra cost.
You can choose to publish landing pages on your own website or on a Leadpages domain, which is ideal for temporary marketing campaigns.
Leadpages handles the hosting for you. Even if you choose to use their WordPress integration – they will host those pages for you. This is ideal because it will reduce the pressure on your server.
And, for all of your pages, you get access to real-time analytics so you can view your traffic and conversions.
You’ll also find a large selection of API integrations for various ESP’s (email service providers) such as Drip, GetResponse, MailChimp, and more. There are also integrations for live chat tools such as Drift and webinar providers such as WebinarJam and Zoom.
While Leadpages has a lot to offer, it’s not without its weak points. The process for running A/B testing is a little clunky and their website builder isn’t ideal for bloggers. However, the fact that pricing is not based on leads or traffic more than makes up for this.
- Hosted landing pages with a powerful drag & drop editor.
- 150+ conversion-optimized landing page templates.
- Checkout builder and Stripe integration.
- Optimized checkout templates.
- A/B testing available on most plans.
- Fully hosted landing pages.
- Create entire websites with Leadpages Sites at no extra cost.
- Create exit-intent popovers and alert bars.
- Large selection of integrations with third-party tools.
The Standard plan starts from $37/month for unlimited landing pages, traffic & leads. If you need A/B testing and the ability to accept payments, you’ll need one of the higher plans.
A 14-day free trial is available and you can save over 30% on your plan by selecting annual billing.
#6 – OptimizePress (WordPress only)
OptimizePress is a dedicated WordPress landing page plugin and as such, is far more affordable than other landing page software on this list.
Included is a sales funnel builder, A/B testing and a checkout builder that integrates with several payment gateways and can handle delivery of digital products.
First, it’s important that I explain what OptimizePress is and isn’t. When most people think of OptimizePress, they think of the old version (version 2). At the time of release, it was great, but by the time solutions such as Thrive Architect hit the market, it began to show its age.
OptimizePress 3 has been completely redesigned from the ground up and features a visual editor that rivals the best SaaS products. It is incredibly easy to use and far more affordable.
You can choose from a large selection of conversion-focused templates, grouped by landing page type. This includes webinar pages, lead generation pages, sales pages, membership pages, and more.
Landing page templates are also grouped into themed collections. These collections offer consistent design throughout so you can design a series of pages that flow together. Why SaaS platforms don’t do this is bewildering because it’s a huge time saver.
There are a large selection of integrations with third party platforms including popular email providers, webinar software and more. There’s also a Zapier integration to further expand integration options.
Where OptimizePress really comes into its own is on the Suite plan, which gives you access to OptimizeFunnels – a dedicated sales funnel plugin. Using the core visual editor, it allows you to create entire sales funnels and provides detailed analytics & A/B testing for your funnel pages.
The checkout pages are where things go to the next level. Since the Suite plan also includes OptimizeCheckouts, you can integrate with payment gateways and manage the delivery of digital downloads. Other features like upsells/downsells and bump offers are available within the plugin and you can fully customize checkout pages for maximum conversions.
- Dedicated WordPress landing page plugin (not a hosted solution).
- 100+ well optimized templates grouped by landing page type.
- Sales funnel builder allows for creation of entire sales funnels, detailed analytics and A/B testing across your funnel.
- Various funnel templates allow you to build entire sales funnels fast.
- Checkout plugin integrates with payment providers and handles digital product delivery.
- Choose from a selection of checkout page templates and customize the way you want.
- Large number of integrations with third-party platforms including Zapier, Drip, Constant Contact, Ontraport, Sendfox, MailPoet, Zoom, WebinarJam and more.
- Conversion optimized WordPress theme is included and features built-in opt-in forms.
- OptimizeUrgency plugin allows you to use urgency to improve conversions.
- Unsplash integration allows you to leverage over 1 million stock photos for your landing pages.
Plans start from $99/year for their landing page builder and SmartTheme. This offers unlimited pages, traffic, and leads for 1 website.
Higher plans offer additional features, but it makes the most sense to go for the $199/year plan which includes OptimizeFunnels and OptimizeCheckouts. This will give you access to sales funnels, detailed analytics, A/B testing and the powerful checkout builder plugin.
#7 – Thrive Optimize (WordPress only)
Thrive Optimize is a suite of two WordPress plugins. Thrive Architect, one of the most customizable WordPress page builders on the market. And their simple A/B testing add-on.
Thrive Optimize is compatible with other products from Thrive Themes, such as their popular Thrive Leads and features a large library of landing page templates to get you started.
There are a lot of WordPress plugins that ‘kind of’ do landing pages but Thrive Architect is one of the rare few (aside from OptimizePress) that make it a priority.
Most WordPress page builders are designed to please web designers and make things look pretty. But they’re not focused on conversions.
What stands out most about the visual editor is the sheer possibilities. You can get as granular as you like. This does mean there is a bit more of a learning curve involved but it’s still more simple than you might expect.
You get access to a library of landing page templates, with pre-made blocks to speed up landing page editing further.
There are a huge number of elements you can add to your pages, and you get full customization over all of them. If you use other Thrive Themes products such as Thrive Leads, Thrive Ovation or Thrive Quiz Builder, you can add elements from these products directly to your landing pages.
Thanks to the split-testing add-on, running A/B tests is extremely simple.
- Industry leading landing page plugin for WordPress.
- Flexible visual editor allows for extremely granular customization of your landing pages.
- A/B testing add-on is included so you can optimize your pages for conversions.
- 250+ landing page templates, organized into themed sets.
- Matching page blocks for more recent landing pages.
- Large library of integrations with third-party platforms such as ConvertKit, Drip, HubSpot, iContact, and more.
- Integrate with webinar software such as GoToWebinar and Zoom.
- Sell products using a dedicated SendOwl integration.
Thrive Optimize comes part of the Thrive Suite which costs $90/quarter. Included in the suite are Thrive Theme Builder, Thrive Architect and much more.
What is landing page software?
Landing page software allows for the creation of targeted landing pages without the need to mess around with code or higher a designer.
If you’re new to the concept of landing pages in general, or how they fit into your market strategy, let me explain:
In a technical sense, a landing page could be any page where someone enters your website. The page they land on.
However, in the context of marketing campaigns, a landing page is a page that stands alone from the rest of your website. Typically, a landing page will be focused on a single goal – to encourage a user to take a single specific action. Usually tied to a specific marketing campaign.
This typically means no header navigation, footer area, sidebar or anything that can detract from the goal you wish for the user to complete. And no competing calls to action (CTA).
For example, if you were creating an ad campaign, and you chose to drive traffic to a regular page on your website, you would typically see lower conversions because your website has to satisfy a variety of different goals.
Let’s take your homepage for example. This page is visited by people who are aware of your brand and unaware of your brand. And users from a variety of traffic sources that align with a variety of customer personas will visit it. Then, you’ll have different actions that you wish for these visitors to complete.
This means you would have to optimize a page for multiple goals.
However, when you optimize your pages for a singular goal, you can make your copy and your offer far more relevant for your visitors. Landing pages will typically be the first part of a sales funnel.
Landing pages convert better than any opt-in form or regular web page. This is because they focus on one goal and can be tailored to specific customer personas.
There are no conflicting calls to action (CTA) and you’re not encouraging people to explore your website. Just one goal – to convert.
Landing page software presents the easiest way to build campaign focused landing pages for your business.
Where website builders can make a rough approximation of a landing page, their focus is typically on their core website building functionality and appeasing web designers want things to look good.
This is a far cry from the focus of landing page builders – their focus is first and foremost – conversions. And isn’t that what you want for your business? More customers?
Now it’s time to choose the right landing page software for your business. The best landing page tool for your business will likely be different to the needs of others. This is why I have included a list of recommendations towards the top of this post.
Most of the tools on this list offer free trials. I recommend starting off by understanding what features are important to your business, and going for the tool that fits best.
Disclosure: If you buy through links on our site, we may make a commission.