Looking to become a quiz creator to help generate leads or make learning stick?
Heard all the buzz and fancy adding an interactive online quiz maker to your site?
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best online quiz makers on the market.
First, we’ll walk you through each quiz tool and its standout features. And then, we’ll share some recommendations based on different use cases so that you can choose the best online quiz makers for your business.
Fingers on buzzers – let’s get started!
The best online quiz makers compared – summary
Here’s our line-up of the best online quiz maker software & apps:
- Interact – The best online quiz maker overall. Flexible, easy to use and includes plenty of templates to speed up quiz creation.
- Outgrow – Best for those who need more than a quiz maker. Supports contests and other types of interactive content.
- Thrive Quiz Builder – The most customizable of all online quiz makers we have tested. WordPress plugin only.
Interact is an online quiz maker for creating quizzes that generate leads, segment your audience, and drive traffic to your website.
You can create personality, scored, and assessment type of quizzes – just like you see on Facebook or Buzzfeed, by choosing from over 800 templates in 40+ categories.
Then you can use the drag-and-drop builder to add images, multiple choice questions, and branching logic to customize your quiz, as well as matching the design to your branding.
The Interact online quiz maker integrates with the major email marketing and automation systems, so you can capture and segment leads based on which result they get or how they answer a particular question.
Did You Know? The opt-in forms on quizzes often convert quiz takers at a rate of 50% or higher.
You can also direct quiz takers to different landing pages, such as a blog post, product page, or signup form for each outcome of your quiz, depending on the results.
Interact includes built-in analytics so you can see how your online quizzes are performing. Plus, you can track conversions via Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel integrations.
- Create 3 types of quizzes from 800+ free quiz templates in 40+ categories.
- Design your quiz to match your branding.
- Add branching logic to your quiz.
- Capture leads and segment your audience.
- Learn about your audience with quiz analytics.
- Integrates with every major email marketing and automation system.
Interact offers a range of subscription plans, including a forever free starter plan. Paid plans start from $39/month (or $27/month billed yearly).
Learn more in our TryInteract review.
Outgrow is an interactive marketing toolkit featuring quizzes, calculators, assessments, recommendations, polls, chatbots, giveaways, and surveys, all designed to help you acquire leads.
Outgrow’s user-friendly platform lets you create personality and Buzzfeed-style quizzes without any design and coding help. You can choose from a selection of optimized design templates for different industries, and then customize your quiz to add branching logic and conditional messaging, as well as match your branding.
Did You Know? 7 of the 20 most shared articles on Buzzfeed are quizzes!
When you’re ready, you can embed your quiz on your website as a full screen, iframe, or modal popup.
Outgrow’s online quiz maker integrates with popular email marketing software, and the powerful built-in analytics lets you see patterns and drop-off points in your quizzes so that you can tweak your designs.
- Create interactive online quizzes with the powerful drag-and-drop quiz maker.
- Choose from a selection of optimized design templates and layouts.
- Add branching logic and conditional messaging.
- Embed your quizzes on any webpage.
- Track performance with built-in analytics.
- Integrates with email marketing platforms.
Paid plans start from $22/month (or $14/month billed yearly).
Learn more in our Outgrow review.
3. Thrive Quiz Builder (WordPress only)
Thrive Quiz Builder is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that allows you to create stunning, conversion-focused quizzes.
It not only lets you create complex quizzes with branching logic but also makes it easy to visualize what your quiz will look like in the quiz builder window.
You can create 4 types of quizzes from 3 quiz templates based on specific goals, such as growing your email list, increasing your social shares, or generating more traffic.
With Thrive Quiz Builder’s dynamic content, you can show visitors different content on their results page, such as product recommendations or relevant information. Plus, you can also segment your list building based on their quiz results, and then send laser-targeted messages.
The built-in badge creator gives your quizzers something cool to share on social media and drive more traffic to your site, which you can track with the powerful built-in analytics.
- Create 4 types of quizzes from 3 quiz templates using their drag-and-drop builder.
- Craft badges for quiz takers to share on social media.
- Segment list building to send relevant content.
- A/B test and optimize each stage of your quizzes.
- Track performance insights and metrics with built-in analytics.
- Integrates with email marketing platforms.
Thrive Quiz Builder is $97/year for 1 site, or you can purchase it as part of Thrive Suite priced at $299/year or $99/quarter. Also included with the suite are Thrive Theme Builder, Thrive Ultimatum, Thrive Ovation, and much more.
LeadQuizzes lets you create engaging online quizzes to capture leads and learn more about your audience.
It’s quick and easy to create a quiz (or survey) without any coding using one of the 75+ professionally designed templates and the drag-and-drop quiz builder. And when it’s finished, you can promote it on your website, through paid advertising, or from your email list.
There are various quiz types like personality, diagnostic, trivia, multiple choice and true/false quizzes. And the logic branching lets you show specific questions or results based on the answers.
The LeadQuizzes platform also comes with built-in analytics so you can compare the drop-off and completion rates, analyze individual responses, and learn about your audience to make smarter marketing decisions to grow your business.
LeadQuizzes integrates with popular marketing tools, including ActiveCampaign, Facebook, Google Ads, and Zapier.
- Choose from 75+ templates.
- Create quizzes of various styles with the easy-to-use builder.
- Customize the look and feel of every quiz.
- Personalize questions based on previous answers with logic branching.
- Analyze quiz stats to learn more about your audience.
- Integrates with leading marketing tools.
Paid plans start from $49/month (or $37/month billed yearly).
5. WP Quiz Pro (WordPress only)
WP Quiz Pro is a WordPress plugin for building powerful and responsive online quizzes that’ll keep users glued to your site.
You can choose from six interactive quiz types, including trivia, personality, swiper, multiple choice and Facebook quizzes. Plus, you can also create quizzes where answers are revealed when users flip card-based questions and list-based quizzes where users can upvote or downvote list items, which is the perfect companion for list posts.
Did You Know? 77% of the most highly shared quizzes are personality quizzes.
Quizzes are created from your WordPress admin dashboard, where you configure all the settings, like animation effects, timers, answer hints, and randomization. Plus, there are also money-making options like pay-to-play quizzes and displaying ads in between questions.
WP Quiz Pro integrates with social media and email marketing platforms, so you can generate shares and capture leads. And the advanced statistics let you gather data on how your quizzes are being taken and the players taking the quizzes.
- Choose from 6 interactive quiz types.
- Configure settings from WordPress admin panel.
- Add unique money-making options.
- Check advanced stats on answers and quiz takers.
- Integrates with social media and email marketing platforms.
WP Quiz Pro starts at $67 for a single site license with one year of support and updates. Or, you can join MyThemeShop’s membership plan and get their entire collection of plugins and themes for $99/year.
Jotform is a powerful and versatile online form builder. You can use it to build all kinds of forms including quizzes and questionnaires.
The built-in quiz maker makes it easy to build interactive, multiple-choice quizzes and even automatically grade answers. It comes with a bunch of free ready-made, fully-customizable quiz templates, so you don’t have to start from scratch every time.
There are templates for all types of quizzes from basic trivia quizzes to spelling quizzes, pop quizzes, and more.
You can use conditional logic to create a personalized, interactive experience for every user. You can also customize everything from fonts and colors to images in the drag-and-drop editor. Once you’re done, you can embed it on your website in minutes.
Jotform’s Form Analytics feature lets you view all your online test responses and draw useful insights from the data.
If you want to take things to the next level, you can even use the Quiz App Maker to turn your online quiz into a custom app that users can download onto their mobile devices.
- Customizable templates for all types of quizzes
- Automatically grades answers
- Intuitive drag-and-drop builder
- Analyze quiz data using the Form Analytics feature
- Turn your quiz into an app with the Quiz App Maker tool
You can build up to 5 forms with Jotform for free (limited to 100 monthly submissions and 1000 form views).
To unlock more monthly submissions, views, storage space, etc., you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan. Paid plans start from $29/month (or $24/month when billed annually).
7. Quiz Cat (WordPress only)
Quiz Cat, by Fatcat Apps, is a WordPress quiz plugin. You can use it to build viral quizzes that help you to land more traffic, shares, and opt-ins directly from your WP dashboard.
It supports all kinds of quizzes from BuzzFeed-style viral tests to complex weighted quizzes, personality quizzes, and more.
Unlike many other tools on this list, Quiz Cat isn’t a cloud-based quiz builder. It integrates directly with WordPress, which means everything stays on your own website server.
It’s easy to use and comes with lots of nifty features. For example, the built-in social sharing feature allows visitors to share their results on Facebook, Twitter, etc. with one click, which can help your quizzes to go viral.
The opt-in feature can help you to grow your list by requiring users to enter their email address in order to see their results.
- Build highly-shareable BuzzFeed-style quizzes with ease
- Social sharing buttons improve viral potential
- Great for growing your mailing list
- Easy to use and beginner-friendly
- Integrates with WordPress so you can build quizzes from your WP dashboard
Paid plans start from $49/year. There’s no option to pay monthly and no free version, but all plans come with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Qzzr is a simple online quiz maker that lets you get better leads, improved engagement, and more revenue.
The simple interface makes it easy to tweak fonts and colors, and add custom images, videos, and animated GIFs to your quizzes to make them look right at home on your website.
You can review the stats and analyze responses to discover what your quizzers care about, and then personalize the content and messaging based on their answers.
- Create quizzes that capture your audience’s attention and interests.
- Customize your quiz’s look and feel to fit any website or layout.
- Easily add text, images, videos, and animated GIFs to your quiz.
- Review stats, analyze responses, and export leads.
- Personalize content based on answers.
- Supports dozens of popular languages.
Paid plans start from $24.99/month (or $16.67 billed yearly).
Riddle is an online quiz maker that lets you collect leads and engage your audience.
Start by choosing from 15 types of quizzes, personality tests, polls, multiple choice and surveys. Next, add text and images to your questions. And then customize the font, color, styles, layout, and over 50 other options to match your branding.
When you’ve finished, then copy and paste the embed code or use the WordPress plugin to publish it on your site.
Did You Know? Short quizzes with 6-10 questions are optimal.
You can automatically send your audience to different landing pages triggered by their quiz results, so they only see the right offer or content. You can then send the leads and responses to any email marketing tool via the native integration or Zapier.
Track starts, finishes, social sharing, and leads to find out what works, and what doesn’t, in the quiz analytics dashboard.
- Choose from 15 types of quizzes, personality tests, polls, and surveys.
- Customize logos, fonts, and colors to match your branding.
- Qualify and segment leads based on quiz responses.
- Personalize results and emails based on quiz results and responses.
- Track who starts, finishes, shares, and fills in your lead form.
- Integrates with Mailchimp, AWeber, Zapier, and Google Sheets.
Paid plans start from £39/month (or £29/month billed annually).
Typeform’s online quiz maker lets you engage students, generate leads, or promote your brand.
It comes with several ready-to-go templates, including a digital marketing quiz and a Facebook lead generation quiz. Choose your template and then spice-up your multiple choice questions with images, GIFs, and videos.
Did You Know? Quizzes improve long-term memory and learning.
You can personalize your quiz from the start and address quiz takers by name with Typeform’s Piping feature. And with Logic Jump, you can create a quiz that responds to people’s answers, so they only see relevant questions. For example, if they like cats, they only see cat questions.
When it comes to the final results, you can customize the thank you screen based on the quizzer’s answers and responses.
You can track visitor behavior and demographics to see how well your quiz is performing with different groups by pasting your Google Analytics web tracking code into the Typeform builder.
Typeform integrates with marketing tools such as Mailchimp, Intercom, HubSpot, and Google Tag Manager.
- Choose from several ready-to-go templates.
- Add images or GIFs to make your quizzes more interactive.
- Personalize questions with logic branching.
- Customize thank you screens with smart logic.
- Track visitor behavior and performance.
- Integrates with other marketing tools.
Typeform has a forever free plan, paid plans start from $35/month.
QuizMaker is the easiest online quiz maker that lets you create a fully-customized quiz in 3 steps:
- Select a quiz type and add a title.
- Select correct answers or assign types if applicable.
- Click the ‘Share’ tab and either copy your quiz link or hit the social buttons.
You can either customize a pre-made quiz or build your own from scratch. When it’s finished, you can embed it directly on your website or create an OpenGraph version for Facebook.
QuizMaker lets you automatically generate and assign certificates to quiz takers based on their score, grade, or type. Or, if you want to gamify your quiz, you can add leaderboards and timers.
Did You Know? Delaying feedback until after the quiz is completed works best.
At the end of the quiz, you can capture leads and send them directly to your marketing tools, like Mailchimp and Salesforce.
- Use a pre-made quiz or start from scratch.
- Customize the look-and-feel to your branding and color scheme.
- Create responsive quizzes with logic branching.
- Gamify your quizzes with leaderboards and timers.
- Assign certificates to quiz takers.
- Publish your quiz on the web or Facebook.
QuizMaker has a forever free plan and three subscription plans, paid plans start from $29/month (or $23/month billed yearly).
12. iSpring Quizmaker
iSpring Quizmaker is another great online quiz creator, especially if you’re planning on making online quizzes for use in the workplace or classroom.
Unlike some of the other quiz makers in this list, iSpring isn’t meant to be used for lead generation or creating online viral pop quizzes. It’s more of a sophisticated solution that’s intended to be used to create genuine tests that assess employee knowledge.
You can use iSpring to build quizzes based on real work scenarios that check employees’ professional knowledge and identify skill gaps. Many different types of interactive questions are supported, including multiple-choice, drag-and-drop, audio-based questions, equations, and hotspot questions.
Once the results are in, you can generate easy-to-read reports to analyze the results and find actionable insights. You can also give detailed feedback to each learner to highlight their mistakes, explain where they went wrong, and offer tips on how to improve.
To discourage cheating, you can randomize test questions, set time restrictions, apply negative scoring, and more.
- Fully-automated employee assessment
- Create beautiful quizzes
- Many different types of questions are supported
- Detailed insights and powerful feedback feature
- Packed full of advanced features
The iSpring quiz maker costs $370 per user, per year. You can try out all features for free for 30 days.
13. HubSpot Forms
HubSpot is an all-in-one CRM solution with a range of useful marketing features, including HubSpot Forms. With HubSpot forms, you can create everything from online quizzes to survey and lead generation forms.
HubSpot forms allow you to integrate custom quiz forms directly with your website, making it easy for your site visitors to take part.
Creating forms and quizzes with HubSpot is extremely easy too. Simply use the drag and drop editor to create your quiz and choose from over 12 different field types. You can also use Hubspot to automate things like follow-up emails for quiz takers.
In addition to HubSpot forms, customers also have access to other Hubspot marketing features including landing page tools, social media tools, analytics, marketing automation, and more.
- Drag and drop builder
- 12+ field types available
- 1000+ form fields per form / quiz
- Automation options
- Advanced analytics features
HubSpot Marketing hub starts from $50/month ($45/month billed annually) for up to 1000 contacts. Larger plans are also available. HubSpot also offers a free marketing hub plan that includes basic features and HubSpot forms.
14. Google Forms
Google Forms is a handy, free tool that can allow you to create online quizzes, lead generation forms, surveys, and more in just a few clicks. With Forms, you can build a quiz as easily as you would create a Doc in the Google Workspace.
You can choose from a range of question types, customize values, and re-order your questions using a simple Drag-and-Drop interface.
After building the framework of your quiz and inputting your questions, you can also customize the look of the quiz by making changes to the color scheme, adding images, and customizing the fonts.
What’s great about Google Forms is that it comes with built-in real-time analytics. This means you can easily track responses and analyze results for your quizzes and surveys.
- Color and font customization options
- Add pictures and graphics
- Real-time analytics features
- Mobile optimized surveys and quizzes
- Easy to manage and collaborate using Google Workspace
Google Forms is free for personal use. The Business Standard plan starts from $12/user/month
Choosing the best online quiz maker
That wraps up our collection of the best online quiz tools.
Choosing the best online quiz maker can be difficult because each one on this list has fantastic features to help you nuture your audience – whether it’s for business or just for fun.
If you’re on a tight budget and a need a free quiz maker, try Typeform’s or QuizMaker’s free plan. Their free online quiz maker will allow you to create quizzes and generate a small number of leads per month.
Quizzes are versatile tools that can generate leads or help people retain knowledge.
Marketers consistently report increased conversion rates using quizzes.
So what are you waiting for? Take one of these online quiz makers for a spin and watch your funnel explode!
Disclosure: If you buy through links on our site, we may make a commission.