Looking to make a quiz to generate leads or make learning stick? Heard all the buzz and fancy adding an interactive quiz builder to your site?
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best online quiz makers on the market.
First, we’ll walk you through each quiz tool and its standout features. And then, we’ll share some recommendations based on different use cases so that you can choose the best online quiz software for your business.
Fingers on buzzers – let’s get started!
The best online quiz makers for 2021
Here’s our line-up of the best online quiz maker software & apps:
Interact is a tool for creating online quizzes that generate leads, segment your audience, and drive traffic to your website.
You can create personality, scored, and assessment type of quizzes – just like you see on Facebook or Buzzfeed, by choosing from over 800 templates in 40+ categories.
Then you can use the drag-and-drop builder to add images, questions, and branching logic to customize your quiz, as well as matching the design to your branding.
The Interact quiz builder integrates with the major email marketing and automation systems, so you can capture and segment leads based on which result they get or how they answer a particular question.
Did You Know? The opt-in forms on quizzes often convert quiz takers at a rate of 50% or higher.
You can also direct quiz takers to different landing pages, such as a blog post, product page, or signup form for each outcome of your quiz, depending on the results.
Interact includes built-in analytics so you can see how your quizzes are performing. Plus, you can track conversions via Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel integrations.
- Create 3 types of quizzes from 800+ free quiz templates in 40+ categories.
- Design your quiz to match your branding.
- Add branching logic to your quiz.
- Capture leads and segment your audience.
- Learn about your audience with quiz analytics.
- Integrates with every major email marketing and automation system.
Interact offers a range of subscription plans, including a forever free starter plan. Premium plans start from $29/month (or $17/month billed yearly).
Learn more in our TryInteract review.
Outgrow is an interactive marketing toolkit featuring quizzes, calculators, assessments, recommendations, polls, chatbots, giveaways, and surveys, all designed to help you acquire leads.
Outgrow’s user-friendly platform lets you create personality and Buzzfeed-style quizzes without any design and coding help. You can choose from a selection of optimized design templates for different industries, and then customize your quiz to add branching logic and conditional messaging, as well as match your branding.
Did You Know? 7 of the 20 most shared articles on Buzzfeed are quizzes!
When you’re ready, you can embed your quiz on your website as a full screen, iframe, or modal popup.
Outgrow’s quiz builder integrates with popular email marketing software, and the powerful built-in analytics lets you see patterns and drop-off points in your quizzes so that you can tweak your designs.
- Create interactive quizzes with the powerful quiz builder.
- Choose from a selection of optimized design templates and layouts.
- Add branching logic and conditional messaging.
- Embed your quizzes on any webpage.
- Track performance with built-in analytics.
- Integrates with email marketing platforms.
Outgrow offers a range of subscription plans, starting from $22/month (or $14/month billed yearly).
Learn more in our Outgrow review.
3. Thrive Quiz Builder (WordPress only)
Thrive Quiz Builder is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that allows you to create stunning, conversion-focused quizzes.
It not only lets you create complex quizzes with branching logic but also makes it easy to visualize what your quiz will look like in the quiz builder window.
You can create 4 types of quizzes from 3 quiz templates based on specific goals, such as growing your email list, increasing your social shares, or generating more traffic.
With Thrive Quiz Builder’s dynamic content, you can show visitors different content on their results page, such as product recommendations or relevant information. Plus, you can also segment your list building based on their quiz results, and then send laser-targeted messages.
The built-in badge creator gives your quizzers something cool to share on social media and drive more traffic to your site, which you can track with the powerful built-in analytics.
- Create 4 types of quizzes from 3 quiz templates.
- Craft badges for quiz takers to share on social media.
- Segment list building to send relevant content.
- A/B test and optimize each stage of your quizzes.
- Track performance insights and metrics with built-in analytics.
- Integrates with email marketing platforms.
Thrive Quiz Builder comes part of the Thrive Suite priced at $19/month (billed annually). Also included with the suite are Thrive Theme Builder, Thrive Ultimatum, Thrive Ovation, and much more.
It’s quick and easy to create a quiz (or survey) without any coding using one of the 75+ professionally designed templates and the drag-and-drop quiz builder. And when it’s finished, you can promote it on your website, through paid advertising, or from your email list.
There are various quiz types like personality, diagnostic, trivia, and true/false quizzes. And the logic branching lets you show specific questions or results based on the answers.
The LeadQuizzes platform also comes with built-in analytics so you can compare the drop-off and completion rates, analyze individual responses, and learn about your audience to make smarter marketing decisions to grow your business.
LeadQuizzes integrates with popular marketing tools, including ActiveCampaign, Facebook, Google Ads, and Zapier.
- Choose from 75+ templates.
- Create various types of quizzes with the easy-to-use builder.
- Customize the look and feel of every quiz.
- Personalize questions based on previous answers with logic branching.
- Analyze quiz stats to learn more about your audience.
- Integrates with leading marketing tools.
LeadQuizzes has three subscription plans, starting from $49/month (or $37/month billed yearly).
5. WP Quiz Pro (WordPress only)
WP Quiz Pro is a WordPress plugin for building powerful and responsive quizzes that’ll keep users glued to your site.
You can choose from six interactive quiz types, including trivia, personality, swiper, and Facebook quizzes. Plus, you can also create quizzes where answers are revealed when users flip card-based questions and list-based quizzes where users can upvote or downvote list items, which is the perfect companion for list posts.
Did You Know? 77% of the most highly shared quizzes are personality quizzes.
Quizzes are created from your WordPress admin dashboard, where you configure all the settings, like animation effects, timers, answer hints, and randomization. Plus, there are also money-making options like pay-to-play quizzes and displaying ads in between questions.
WP Quiz Pro integrates with social media and email marketing platforms, so you can generate shares and capture leads. And the advanced statistics let you gather data on how your quizzes are being taken and the players taking the quizzes.
- Choose from 6 interactive quiz types.
- Configure settings from WordPress admin panel.
- Add unique money-making options.
- Check advanced stats on answers and quiz takers.
- Integrates with social media and email marketing platforms.
WP Quiz Pro starts at $67 for a single site license with one year of support and updates. Or, you can join MyThemeShop’s membership plan and get their entire collection of plugins and themes for $99/year.
Qzzr is a simple online quiz tool that lets you get better leads, improved engagement, and more revenue.
The simple interface makes it easy to tweak fonts and colors, and add custom images, videos, and animated GIFs to your quizzes to make them look right at home on your website.
You can review the stats and analyze responses to discover what your quizzers care about, and then personalize the content and messaging based on their answers.
- Create quizzes that capture your audience’s attention and interests.
- Customize your quiz’s look and feel to fit any website or layout.
- Easily add text, images, videos, and animated GIFs to your quiz.
- Review stats, analyze responses, and export leads.
- Personalize content based on answers.
- Supports dozens of popular languages.
Qzzr has three subscription plans, starting from $24.99/month (or $16.67 billed yearly).
Riddle is an online quiz maker that lets you collect leads and engage your audience.
Start by choosing from 15 types of quizzes, personality tests, polls, and surveys. Next, add text and images to your questions. And then customize the font, color, styles, layout, and over 50 other options to match your branding.
When you’ve finished, then copy and paste the embed code or use the WordPress plugin to publish it on your site.
Did You Know? Short quizzes with 6-10 questions are optimal.
You can automatically send your audience to different landing pages triggered by their quiz results, so they only see the right offer or content. You can then send the leads and responses to any email marketing tool via the native integration or Zapier.
Track starts, finishes, social sharing, and leads to find out what works, and what doesn’t, in the quiz analytics dashboard.
- Choose from 15 types of quizzes, personality tests, polls, and surveys.
- Customize logos, fonts, and colors to match your branding.
- Qualify and segment leads based on quiz responses.
- Personalize results and emails based on quiz results and responses.
- Track who starts, finishes, shares, and fills in your lead form.
- Integrates with Mailchimp, AWeber, Zapier, and Google Sheets.
Riddle quiz maker has three subscription plans, starting from £39/month (or £29/month billed annually).
Typeform’s online quiz maker lets you engage students, generate leads, or promote your brand.
It comes with several ready-to-go templates, including a digital marketing quiz and a Facebook lead generation quiz. Choose your template and then spice-up your questions with images, GIFs, and videos.
Did You Know? Quizzes improve long-term memory and learning.
You can personalize your quiz from the start and address quiz takers by name with Typeform’s Piping feature. And with Logic Jump, you can create a quiz that responds to people’s answers, so they only see relevant questions. For example, if they like cats, they only see cat questions.
When it comes to the final results, you can customize the thank you screen based on the quizzer’s answers and responses.
You can track visitor behavior and demographics to see how well your quiz is performing with different groups by pasting your Google Analytics web tracking code into the Typeform builder.
Typeform integrates with marketing tools such as Mailchimp, Intercom, HubSpot, and Google Tag Manager.
- Choose from several ready-to-go templates.
- Add images or GIFs to make your quizzes more interactive.
- Personalize questions with logic branching.
- Customize thank you screens with smart logic.
- Track visitor behavior and performance.
- Integrates with other marketing tools.
Typeform has a forever free plan and three premium subscription options, starting from $35/month.
QuizMaker is the easiest online quiz maker that lets you create a fully-customized quiz in 3 steps:
- Select a quiz type and add a title.
- Select correct answers or assign types if applicable.
- Click the ‘Share’ tab and either copy your quiz link or hit the social buttons.
You can either customize a pre-made quiz or build your own from scratch. When it’s finished, you can embed it directly on your website or create an OpenGraph version for Facebook.
QuizMaker lets you automatically generate and assign certificates to quiz takers based on their score, grade, or type. Or, if you want to gamify your quiz, you can add leaderboards and timers.
Did You Know? Delaying feedback until after the quiz is completed works best.
At the end of the quiz, you can capture leads and send them directly to your marketing tools, like Mailchimp and Salesforce.
- Use a pre-made quiz or start from scratch.
- Customize the look-and-feel to your branding and color scheme.
- Create responsive quizzes with logic branching.
- Gamify your quizzes with leaderboards and timers.
- Assign certificates to quiz takers.
- Publish your quiz on the web or Facebook.
QuizMaker has a forever free plan and three subscription plans, starting from $29/month (or $23/month billed yearly).
That wraps up our collection of the best online quiz tools.
Quizzes are versatile tools that can generate leads or help people retain knowledge.
Marketers consistently report increased conversion rates using quizzes.
So what are you waiting for? Take one of these online quiz makers for a spin and watch your funnel explode!
Disclosure: If you buy through links on our site, we may make a commission.